Friday, August 17, 2018

Chapter Three: THE MAGA DINNER





A few miles away from the BAYLORD SHOPPING CENTER, Mr. Baylord was having a MAGA lobster dinner party with his family and a forty of his richest acquaintances.
   
 ***

“Trump has made me rich beyond my wildest dreams, right Madelaine?” Lee Baylord invited his beautiful wife to give a supporting comment.

“Lee has completely stopped nagging me about my spending. It took some getting used to.” Madelaine smiled.

Paul Rizel, Lee’s friend since childhood, had a lot of empty buildings since the hurricane. He was still a billionaire. It wasn’t like he needed charity. Paul made his fortune in New Orleans and was eager to get home to prepare for Christmas.

“I have a tour bus outside. We’re going to my repurposed shopping center to see with your own eyes how a closed mall is more profitable than an open mall. Ladies and gentlemen, your lives are about to change.” Lee crowed.

“I really can’t stay, Lee. I should be leaving for the airport now.” Paul insisted.

“Oh daddy, let’s see the mall. Max says it’s haunted,” Floyd, Paul’s young son begged.

“Our Maxsimillian is obsessed with ghosts.  I must sit by his bed every night so he can fall asleep,” Madelaine explained.

“I promise we will look at your haunted shopping center the next time we come to town,” Paul smiled.

“No. Tonight’s the night. We’ll have champagne on the bus and I’ll have Milo follow in the limo. He’ll get you to the airport if you still want to go. I’m betting you won’t. We’ll have our chocolate cake after the tour.” Lee winked.


~ to be continued ~

No comments:

Post a Comment